Description: To ensure a second-to-none customer service experience, we need dedicated staff to assist with all aspects of event operations. Under the direction of our Director of Events and General Manager the job duties will include:
· Assistance with event setup and teardown, including volleyball nets, bleachers, tables, chairs, stages, etc.
· Routine food service work at concession stands, including cash/payment handling, preparation of food and beverages, and cleaning and maintenance of equipment and utensils.
· Various customer service tasks including providing guest information, directions, and crowd control.
· Occasional support with parking areas including assisting patrons entering and leaving lots, and collecting parking fees.
· Assistance with cleaning tasks including regular bathroom inspections, sweeping and mopping, trash collection, etc.
· Communication about, and assistance with, customer and participant issues regarding security, safety, and team/participant management.
Requirements for the role:
· Experience in a customer service role
· Attention to detail and desire to help where needed
· Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
· Ability to work on your feet for an extended period-of-time
· Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to work nights and weekends
· A desire to help patrons in a friendly and courteous manner
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely via radio/walk-talkie
To Apply: Send a cover letter specifically outlining experience as it relates to this job(s) and a résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org; or, Nittany Valley Sports Centre, 177 Champion Drive, State College, PA 16803.